Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Huong Vietnamese Restaurant

Yesterday I talked about Buckeye Pho, which is a modern Vietnamese restaurant. Today, I will talk about a mom & pop place called Huong Vietnamese Restaurant. It looks like a rundown joint from the outside, but don't judge the book by its cover! 


Every time I go out for a food exploration, I always order something new. This time is no different, I tried Vietnamese-style iced phin coffee. I was surprised, when the owner served me a brewing metal drip filter on top of a small ceramic mug, and a cup of ice. He said let the coffee sit in the cup for about five minutes. Then, take the cover up and make sure all the coffee done dripping. After that, stir well to mix the coffee and sweetened condensed milk. Once that done, pour the coffee over the cup of ice and stir. This is a pretty interesting experience to me, since I got to brew and make myself a Vietnamese coffee. I really like the combination between coffee and condensed milk. As you sip in the coffee, you get a favor of condensed milk, along with a strong aftertaste of the coffee.


Here is the spring roll with pork patty. The pork patty gives a rich grill favor to the spring roll. Along with the lettuce and basil, it balances out the oiliness from the pork patty. When I have spring roll before, it usually come with peanut sauce. But this time, it come with fish sauce. I do think fish sauce differentiated the rolls from other restaurants.


Pho is my must have item for Vietnamese restaurants. Each restaurant have their own recipe for pho, and I would say this is one of my favorite pho by far. The broth is very savory and the ingredients are undoubtedly fresh. Like all pho-lovers, bean sprouts, lime juice, hoisin and siracha sauces cannot be missed in a bowl of pho!

Overall, I am very satisfy with the experience in this restaurant. The home style atmosphere, kindness of the owner, along with the authentic food make this one of my favorite restaurants in Columbus. 

Restaurant Info:
1270 Morse Rd,
Columbus, OH 43229

No comments:

Post a Comment