Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Oscar's

It's Restaurant Week in Columbus!!! From January 18th - 23rd, more than 100 restaurants present their food into a special pricing three course menu, which range between $15 to $35. After going through a tough selection progress, I decide to give Oscar's a try.


As a starter, I decided to order a cup of cocktail pairing up with my entree. This is a cup of Caramel Delight. I like the creamy texture with a hint of caramel favor. To me, this drink is like Irish coffee.


One of the first course option is Black Bean Chili. A touch of sour cream give the chili a different favor compare to other chili that I have before. However, the proportion between the black bean to other ingredients is not balance.

 

Another option is the Thai Stir-Fried Calamari. This includes lightly deep-fried calamari combine with mix of julienne snow peas, carrots, and red peppers. I would say this is my favorite appetizer compared to other hors d'oeuvres. To me, it look like a calamari salad topped with crushed peanuts, cilantro and the sweet and sour sauce. All the favor of the ingredients balance out the oiliness of the deep-fried calamari.


Filet Mignon is the main course for the night. The meat was medium cooked. It was topped with stilton cheese, along with a sprayed out honey-garlic yukon potatoes and port wine jus. The crust of filet mignon and the potatoes create a mix of soft and hard texture. I would say the filet is a bit over done for medium and the favor of the stilton cheese is too strong for me.



Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee and Chocolate Silk Explosion is the selection of dessert of the night. Nothing too fancy about the creme brulee, the taste is very common and smooth as always. As for the chocolate silk explosion, it is a big cylinder block of chocolate topped with whipped cream. The base is nuts crumble, with raspberry sauce. To me, it was too overwhelming as a dessert.

Overall, the restaurant is very busy on a Friday night. Maybe it is because of the restaurant week as well. I made reservation the night before and luckily that i took the last spot that they have available. I guess I underestimate the popularity of the restaurant week. But I am glad to have this experience tonight and will definitely be a part of this next year.

Restaurant Info:
84 N High St,
Dublin, OH 43017

No comments:

Post a Comment