Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Fukuryu Ramen

It's a magnificent sunny day on the weekends, making it another food exploration road trip around Columbus. Last week, I heard there is a new Japanese Ramen restaurant coming to town. As a loyal fan of Ramen, I excitedly wanting to go try this new restaurant.



I arrived at the restaurant at around 12:30 pm and saw the line are outside the restaurant. The line move fairly smooth and I order from the front counter. The staff will give you a buzzer and you seat either on normal or bar table. Even though they are busy and packed with people, the main dish came out pretty quick. It does seem like most of the ramen bowls are being made in advanced though.


Miso Ramen

Originally, I was going to order the Tonkotsu Ramen, but the staff explained that it was available only at dinner time. So, I ordered the Miso Ramen along with two appetizers. I do recommend to mix and dig deep down below the noodles, cause there are some sauteed onion with minced pork. If you don't mix it well enough, the noodles will taste plain and the broth at the end will be extremely salty! Speaking of noodles, as I started digging in, I noticed the noodles were still a bit uncooked . The broth have a rich miso flavor; however, it is a bit over powering for me. 


Tebasaki Chicken Wings

Pork Gyoza

The appetizers came in while I'm half way done with my noodles. The staff then informs me that they are out of Kara-age, so I end up with the Tebasaki Chicken Wings. I never have this style of wings before. Basically, it's deep fried wings topped with salt and pepper. 0 out of 5 for these wings! They were all under-cooked inside. Additionally, you could tell that they just grab a handful of salt, threw it onto the chicken pieces. Making it unbearable to eat. As for the Gyoza, crispy outside but not fully cooked inside, for the price they selling it for, I'm not a fan at all.

There are quite a big room for improvements as a new restaurant. I will be appreciated if the appetizers can come before my noodles, some of the tasting of the dish can be adjust... I'm still very excited about a new Ramen restaurant open in Columbus. As show in their menu, there will be more new menu item in the near future. I will definitely give this place another try later. Oops, one more thing. If you are a fan of green tea ice cream, they do have that available. 


Restaurant Info:
1600 W Lane Ave, Ste 160,
Upper Arlington, OH 43221

No comments:

Post a Comment