Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

The Walrus

Lately, I had been craving for some seafood. Plus, my friends told me their past experiences in Maine. Fresh seafood are spotted everywhere there, or so I've been told. Thus making me wanted to go there in an instant! But as of now, that's too far of a reach. Instead, I browsed through hundreds of menus from different restaurants to look for dishes that my friends have given me details about over the trips. After hours of research, I stumbled upon The Walrus. They have one of the snacks I've heard so much about from my pals, therefore I gave it a try!



Located toward the end of downtown, there lies The Walrus. If you can't find it, just look for the big sign with the little mustache man. When you first walk in, you can see a spacious waiting area. The interior is pretty classy and you can see all the bar-style table. If you just want to grab a drink, their bar is at the end of the restaurant so you could walk straight through there.

This place seems to be quite busy by the time I arrived, hence the noisy level is pretty high. After my friend and I were settled down with a table, the warm - welcoming server come to greet us. Their servers are really enthusiastic, seems to be very passionate, and enjoying their job! For that reason, the service was such a top-notch!


Portobello Fries

Our appetizer was Portobello Fries. It came out as hot as it's still in the kitchen. The breading is very crispy; however, it will be better if the breading is not as thick. It also served with chipotle mayo; without the sauce, the fries will be plain! As a result, the sauce is a must have!!


Lobster Rolls

Next, the entree, Lobster Rolls. The dish that I was curious so much about from my buddies. To be honest, this is the first time I had a lobster rolls. And seeing those big chunk of lobster nuggets sitting on top of a toast, make my mouth watering. As I took on the first bite, I can taste the crispiness of the toast. Separated from the super juicy, tender lobster nugget with a hint of lemon mayo sauce. It went so smooth when it was combined together yet, I can still taste different ingredients when it's being eaten. I would hate to admitted, but this is one of the greatest foods I've tried ever!

Lobster Mac & Cheese

As we were having the extremely yummy lobster rolls, Food Network is showing lobster mac & cheese on TV. Perfect timing, cause The Walrus have it as well. So we go ahead and ordered one. Creamy mac & cheese topped with crispy layer of cheese with chunk of lobster meat in between the macaronis. Personally, I'm not a big fan of mac & cheese. But this one will be an exception.

The Walrus is my new favorite place to go. Their food and service are both excellent. I also love the decorations inside as well as the lightning. Throughout the month, they will have artist performances as special events. Of course, you can also contact them and host your own event/party.


Restaurant Info:
143 E Main St,
Columbus, OH 43215

No comments:

Post a Comment