Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Northstar Café

Toward the end of February, who can image temperature can go up to the 60F. It's just like someone press the fast forward button, and allow spring to join us in advance. I should not complain too much, since next week may go back to icy cold, winter weather. To enjoy such a beautiful day, my friends and I decide to head out to the Easton Town Center. Before we start our day off, they recommended an awesome place to fill up our tummy first.



Northstar Cafe located aside the Barnes & Noble in the South District. The bright open area and natural decoration gave me a touch of upbeat feeling. We get there around noon, but they are already pack with people. Not only that, there was a waiting line alongside the cafe as well. Even though it's a long line, it moved fairly quick. The staff will periodically comes out to give us the menu to look at while we waiting, just to speed up the order time. Their brunch menu is not big, and that's awesome for indecisive me. You order your food when you get to the cashier, find a table, and they will bring out the food to you.


[From Left to Right]Prosciutto and Poached Eggs ; Big Burrito

I would say that Prosciutto and Poached eggs is my favorite dish from this restaurant so far. Slightly toasted rosemary focaccia, bedded with parmesan, prosciutto and poached eggs. There are a lots going on in my mouth when I took the first bite. The crunchy focaccia, along with the savory prosciutto and the richness of the golden egg yolk. I think this can never go wrong with this combination. 

The Big Burrito filled with eggs, roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed peppers and onions... This was my first time trying sweet potato as an entree, thus I have to dislike this combination a bit. Mainly because I prefer sweet potato for deserts.

This cafe is a prefect spot for you to grab a brunch on the weekends. Additionally to their Breakfast and Brunch dishes, they have variety of freshly baked items from the bakery. One thing to be caution is they are quite busy during brunch/lunch hour.


Restaurant Info:
4015 Townsfair Way,
Columbus, OH 43219

No comments:

Post a Comment